Thursday, February 08, 2007

Scary Christians

This past week I watched the "Jesus Camp." Ever since i saw the trailers this summer i was intrigued. In general, i was scared at this version of Christianity. I think the ties were too close to a political/military American Christianity. I guess when the trailer opens with the pastor talking about the enemy(referring to Islam), but i wanted to check it out anyways.

The movie is about a charismatic summer camp in North Dakota. Maybe its due to my unfamiliarity with the charismatic church, but the whole idea made me uncomfortable.

Well at times it was funny. In one scene this 8 year old girl talks about dead and alive churches. She basically says any church where people sit calmly are dead(so any Baptist, Mennonite church). God 'likes' churches where people are pumping up and down. So basically the bad church are not inviting God into church. I thought that was funny/sad.

Well check it out if you get a chance.

1 comment:

Joey said...

I should see this movie. I've heard a lot about it...