Saturday, February 10, 2007

Books I am mulling over....

It's weird to think that most of my assignments are done already. It's only mid-february and I only have a 5-pager left. On the plus side to this I am able to dive back into book reading. Last semester my reading was a bit scarce due to the internship and class. I am pretty pumped at the prospect of reading books for fun again. Here are a couple I am working through:

How (Not) To Speak Of God by Peter Rollins

Emerging Churches by Eddie Gibbs

Gilead by Marilynne Robinson

The Gottingen Dogmatics by Karl Barth

Jesus and the Victory of God by N.T. Wright

I am finding these books to be a great influence in rethinking church, espeically Emerging Churches because it is a class text.

Happy Reading

1 comment:

Joey said...

Gilead is brilliant - one of my favorites (which is why I sent you a second copy! Haha.)

I haven't read any of the other ones, with the exceptions of bits and pieces of Wright's book. Some good choices there though...