Friday, February 09, 2007

A great Colbert Report

Well as many of you know I am huge Stephen Colbert fan. The February 8th installment was great. The guest on the show was Chris Hedges. Hedges is the author of "American Fascists: The Christian Right and the War on America", I am intrigued by his ideas. Well if you are interested in these kind of things check it out. I want to leave you with one quote from Hedges, "Augustine said hope had two children anger and courage." I liked that....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feebdxbUhkY

http://www.alternet.org/story/47679/

Enjoy

1 comment:

Joey said...

I read Hedges' article. Fascinating stuff. I've heard many critiques of the Religious Right, but have never heard someone make the case that they are fascist. Whether he's right on that or not, I don't know, but in my opinion he's right to draw attention to the fact that something sinister is at work among right-wing Christians who are trying to "take back America for Jesus." Scary.

I'm also a big Colbert fan.