Thursday, January 11, 2007

Just when you thought it couldn't get worse....

Well, when i heard that George Bush had called a news conference to describe a new strategy for Iraq, I was hopeful. Finding out his plan, I now realize that my hope was very naive. I am saddened by his response, not surprised but saddened. Jim Wallis(http://www.beliefnet.com/blogs/godspolitics/) does an excellent job in summarizes why people around the world should be scared of Bush. Bush exemplifies a belief in redemptive violence. Very sad day. All I really can do is pray for the situation..I am at a loss for words in my fear of this 'just war'.

2 comments:

Joey said...

The Bush administration is based on lies and dishonesty. That seems strong, but I think history will prove that true.

And George Bush seems unable to speak a word of truth. If he were to speak truthfully he would have to admit that Iraq was a disaster and that no real objectives were accomplished and that he has no idea in hell what he's going to do next. But George can't tell the truth.

Anonymous said...

If sending more troops in is a mistake in strategy, I wonder what you would beleive to be more effective...