Thursday, January 18, 2007

An Interesting week.....

Well, it has been a hard start to the semester. I think good for the long run, but hard in the short term. Hard to be in right now. Well how do i start...Well I got back from Korea pretty sick and drained. Not the way one should start a semester. Maybe i have been running from stuff going on in my life. Well, I think my journey to do this youth stuff has been a long one. I think i've had a lot of questions regarding leadership and teaching gifts. I think these questions have been abound since i've come to Prov. So i've been rethinking lots. It hasn't been a fun week. I've been struggling with being very heavy and even somewhat depressed about my situation. I think i am in a better place right now, but i still have issues with where my life is going.

I think i get down a lot about my weakness in ministry and also a lot of weaknesses in regards to my social skills in the public space. I think a lot of these questions have led me to aknowledge that unless i change as a person I won't work in a church in the role of youth pastor. i think a lot of questions about having a passion, but not having the gifts to work in the church. So I am questioning a lot of things...which i think is fine, but it is hard working in a church and coming to these realizations.

So i am doing my best to make my semester as good possible. So, next friday I am beginning to go to counselling to work out these problems i am having. well that is my life in a nutshell. Not so fun, but I feel God is in this process. I find that God is the source i rely on more, reading my Bible gives me hope and peace. Just some thoughts on the journey. I am still finding that it is hard to work a lot on my days off.

well hope your life is filled with a little less stress then mine...all the best

1 comment:

Joey said...

Chris,

It was good talking to you last week. We are in similar places I think, and I'm hopeful that the direction we're moving is one where we'll experience more of God.

Blessings..

Joey