Friday, January 26, 2007

Children of Men

In the last couple years I have lost hope in finding great movies. I am typically disappointed with movies or maybe my standards have been on a decline over the years. However, recently I heard about Children of Men. I am not a Sci-fi fan, but the premise of a world that has become mysteriously infertile. I found the movie to be very creative, which is very rare in this age. The movie took a interesting look at 'political activist' that becomes a form of terrorism. The scene that continually runs through my head is when the main characters attempt to escape a battle scene between the army and political activist while holding a baby. What is profound of this scene is that when each group encounters the baby(hope) they stand in awe, but as soon as the baby passes them they have this gut reaction to continue killing. I found this scene very truthful. That the reason people are fighting is often forgotten( or unknown). If you've got a chance check it out, trust me you won't be disappointed.

No comments: