Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Who is Josh Ritter?

The music industry is in a peculiar state. I find it hard to find artist who continually impress. Such is the case this past week with Ben Harper's new CD Lifeline, I have been a fan of Harper for 3 years now. While Harper is a brilliant artist, this last CD I got the feeling of 'I've heard this before'. While the CD is good, I expected more. I guess once you've found your niche in the market you stick to it.

One the other hand a new artist to me Josh Ritter was a pleasant surprise. I've been playing his CD The Historical Conquest of Josh Ritter nonstop. I find his songs meeting some deeper meaning that was missing from Harper's outing. The entire CD is great, particularly good for a road trip. So if your in a mood for something original give Ritter a listen.

No comments: