Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Cranberry-Port Conserve

Well on my days off I try to cook dinner for Trisha and myself. Since, we bought some cranberries at the farmer's market a couple weeks back we wanted to try a cranberry sauce-chicken dinner. So last night I made a Cranberry-Port Conserve. I wasn't sure the conserve would turn out, but when all was said and done it was a success. So we had the conserve with grilled chicken and spaghetti squash. I imagine we will try this menu again and to end the evening I watch Monday Night Football with a couple of glasses of Sheperds Ridge Pinot Noir 2004, which went really well with the dinner. This was a bit of a surprise. This was a shocking because I hadn't really tasted a Pinot Noir that I enjoyed, but ever since watching Sideways Pinot Noir has a mystic that cannot be explained. Well hope everyone has time to try something new for dinner with some friends and family.

No comments: