Friday, December 15, 2006

Best Books of 2006

Well 2006 has been a good year for books. I felt i have learned a lot this year from many amazing author. I thougth i'd share a couple of the highlights.

The Call to Conversion: Jim Wallis
Repenting of Religion: Gregory Boyd
Through Painted Desserts: Donald Miller
The Post-evangleical: Dave Tomlinson
Why Men are the Way they are: Warren Farrel
The Secret Message of Jesus: Brian McLaren
Are Women Human: Dorothy Sayers
The Beauty Myth: Naomi Wolf
Meeting Jesus again for the First Time: Marcus Borg
The Search to Belong: Joseph Meyers
The Younger Evangelicals: Robert Webber
The Prophetic Imagination: Walter Bruggemann
The Jesus Creed: Scot McKnight
Practicing Passion: Kenda Creasy Dean
Exclusion & Embrace: Miroslav Volf
Velvet Elvis: Rob Bell
The Great Giveaway: David Fitch
Evangelical Theology-An Introduction: Karl Barth
Tortured Wonders: Rodney Clapp
The Irresistible Revolution: Shane Caliborne

3 comments:

Joey said...

Some great books there...

I forgot to include Clapp's "Tortured Wonders" and Fitch "Great Giveaway" off my list. Those were great books (big oversight on my part!).

I'm surprised Borg's "Heart of Chrstianity" didn't make your list. Even though you didn't agree with it, I'm sure you'd agree it was productive in helping you think through important stuff.

We should talk soon (before you got to Korea). Hope all is well...

Joey

Another World is Possible said...

Hey Joey....

Just a note on "Heart of Christianity", if I recall correctly we read that in the fall of 05, right. I figured the list would get too long if i included books i read in the later half of 2005. That is the only reason I left it out. I think I learn a lot from Borg, probably because I disagree with him on some things. I also found "Reading the Bible Again for the First Time", really good but I only got through some of the book. I am really looking forward to reading "Jesus" in the new year.

Happy reading...

Chris

/rach said...

Chris!! Korea is fun!! Congratulations!!! Hopefully see you soon~~