Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Dynamic Duo


I am not sure how many of you have a nightly ritual? Well I have to admit that I have one, it happens Monday to Thursday at 10 pm. My nightly ritual is the political satire of the daily show and the Colbert report. Maybe it's the sarcasm or the poking fun at other "professional" news channels, but I always get a kick at what latest news story they decide to spotlight. Normally it is to show the ridiculous stories that the media decided to spotlight. But, I think the main reason is that especially in the case of Jon Stewart is that he can talk to politics. I think in this age where I feel more people adistrustfuling CNN and other major networks for selective reporting people are turning to independent sources or maybe just a source that honestly shows the ridiculous nature of the Bush administration. I have a sense that this dynam duo will have a great influence on the societies perception of political figures and the policies of the USA. Sortof holding the administration accountable to a public that won't accept any bull shit. With Stewart and Colbert, I think this generation is in good hands to reestablish a political minded generation that talks about the administrations in a critical mind and a rhetorical humor, as Stephen Colbert often states "Ok Ok ...but you Support our troops, right?"

No comments: